Slinky’s mission is to empower knowledge to do great things. Our approach is to build software and technology that makes science and global information effortless for everyone.
We are building a extraordinary team of committed and passionate people who love solving hard problems on many stages and have an addiction to speed. At Slinky.Me, you get to work on something that really matters and where your code touches millions of people every day.
You'll be building Slinky's features end-to-end, from designing their data models. To implementing the subtle interaction behaviors that differentiate good quality software. Working closely with seasoned UI designers and supported by a world-class SIA dev team. You should be a generalist and enjoy working across the software stack on all services.
- Doctoral, Master's degree in Computer Science
- In lieu of degree, working experience in related fields
- Extensive programming experience in Java or C/C++
- 5 years relevant work experience (Software Engineering)
- Specialization in Visual Technology
- Compilers, version control systems
- Excellent coding skill in C, C++, Java
- Proven knowledge in multi-platform development
- Expertise in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Good scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Perl)
Slinky is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Slinky, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new technology for developers around the world. From Atlas to BIO, VDP, Slinky engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.